SAT 10-5-19 ADAT Mt. Ord route inspections

Post up where you went, or read about what other folks did.
-Spike-
First Name: Ben E
Affiliation: Tonto Recreation Alliance

SAT 10-5-19 ADAT Mt. Ord route inspections

Post by -Spike- » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:13 pm

We're going to inspect FR27, AKA the back road to Mt. Ord, and possibly some other routes in the area. Chad from the Forest Service will likely ride along. Also, we have arranged to tour the fire lookout tower.

This route is one that the Copper State Cruisers, a primarily LandCruiser club, have expressed interest in, so we are inviting them to join us. We will need to limit participation to 20 vehicles, so sign up ASAP if you want to join us. There's no limit to how many people are in each vehicle. Registration is first-come, first-served, with the timestamp of your calendar registration or post determining your place in line. This will be cross-posted on the Copper State Cruisers forum, where they will be able to register, so don't rely on the calendar registration numbers or the number of replies to this thread. I will update the registration numbers below as often as possible, but don't dilly dally!

Vehicles registered as of 9-24-19 at 12:00PM: 6

FR27 has sections of shelf road, and from memory is not particularly challenging, but at our last inspection we rated it as a Modified 4WD trail, meaning a lift and larger tires are highly recommended, and one or two lockers might come in handy. FR626, the main access road, is stocker friendly if you would like to come up just for lunch and/or the tower tour. I don't know exactly what time we'll be rolling up on the tower, likely early afternoon.

Meeting time and place-
8AM at the Baja Gas Station near Ft. McDowell 10180 N Fort McDowell Rd, Fort McDowell, AZ 85264

Lunch will be provided for folks who let us know they're coming at least 24 hours before the event start time. Either register on the TRAL Event Calendar or reply to this thread. Please let us know if you plan on bringing guests. Look for the option to add a note if you register on the calendar.

Keep an eye on this thread for the latest updates.
-Ben

Contact Richard Lillard at adat@tralaz.org for information about TRAL's Adopt a Trail (ADAT) program.
Contact me via PM or tral.bene@gmail.com if you are interested in receiving training to inspect the trails in Tonto National Forest, offered through the ADAT program.

BrianR
First Name: Brian
Affiliation: TRAL

Re: SAT 10-5-19 ADAT Mt. Ord route inspections

Post by BrianR » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:32 pm

I'll be there Ben. BTW, I don't see this run listed on the TRAL Events Calendar site??
Brian,
90 4Runner

-Spike-

Post by -Spike- » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:24 pm

BrianR wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:32 pm
I'll be there Ben. BTW, I don't see this run listed on the TRAL Events Calendar site??
Oops! It's on there now, and you're registered. Thanks for letting me know!
-Ben

Contact Richard Lillard at adat@tralaz.org for information about TRAL's Adopt a Trail (ADAT) program.
Contact me via PM or tral.bene@gmail.com if you are interested in receiving training to inspect the trails in Tonto National Forest, offered through the ADAT program.

q11134
First Name: Ruth
Affiliation: Rim Country 4 Wheelers

Post by q11134 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:47 am

Hi Ben, we will be coming from Payson, what time should we meet you at the turn off for Mt Ord?

Ruth Suk

-Spike-

Post by -Spike- » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:57 am

q11134 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:47 am
Hi Ben, we will be coming from Payson, what time should we meet you at the turn off for Mt Ord?

Ruth Suk
I can't say for sure how long it will take to get moving, but we should be there around 9.
-Ben

pres
First Name: Pres
Affiliation: TRAL

Post by pres » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:58 pm

Sign me up
I will be at Bush Highway
If you are lucky enough to go wheeling, you are lucky enough.