FR235 to Billy Lawrence Trailhead

Report problems, or check for issues on a trail you plan to run
Forum rules
Before you post- please search for the trail and see if there's already a thread on it, and if so add your comments to it. If you can't find a thread you started, chances are it got merged with an existing thread about the same trail. Please include the FR (Forest Road) number and/or common nickname (for example, FR3456, Log Corral), and as much detail as possible. TRAL can use this info to plan repairs or report the issues to the responsible agency, and hopefully get the problems resolved!
Kkessler
First Name: Keith
Affiliation: None

FR235 to Billy Lawrence Trailhead

Post by Kkessler » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:01 pm

Hello, I’m wondering if anyone has run FR235 up to Billy Lawrence Trailhead lately. The most recent condition report I can find is June 2017 and at that time it was closed at Cienega spring due to erosion. The report said repairs appeared to be active and a culvert was to be placed. We’re planning to camp up near the Billy Lawrence Trailhead this weekend if the road is open.

Thanks,
Keith

-Spike-
First Name: Ben E
Affiliation: Tonto Recreation Alliance

Re: FR235 to Billy Lawrence Trailhead

Post by -Spike- » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:54 pm

TRAL's last recorded inspection of FR235 was 6/24/17. There aren't any issues noted, including any erosion problem. Where did you find the condition report? Link?
-Ben

Contact Richard Lillard at adat@tralaz.org for information about TRAL's Adopt a Trail (ADAT) program.
Contact me via PM or tral.bene@gmail.com if you are interested in receiving training to inspect the trails in Tonto National Forest, offered through the ADAT program.

Kkessler
First Name: Keith
Affiliation: None

Re: FR235 to Billy Lawrence Trailhead

Post by Kkessler » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi Ben, thanks for the reply! The report is dated 6/3/17 and from hike Arizona. I realize it’s neither an official source nor a 4WD site so I do take it with a grain of salt :)

https://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN ... 0_944__0_0_

Note ** For anyone planning on driving FR 145 to the Billy Lawrence TH in the near future.
This road is currently closed just past The Cienega Spring TH. The road is dug up and blocked off while they fix the Spring source that has eroded the road. As of 6/3/2017, there had been recent activity with the repair.

I’m headed out there on Wednesday night and will let you know. Also looking forward to the July meeting and new volunteer orientation!

Thanks for all you do!
Keith