ALL field work SUSPENDED until further notice

Post your upcoming runs, and read about what TRĀL and other people have on the calendar
-Spike-
First Name: Ben E
Affiliation: Tonto Recreation Alliance

ALL field work SUSPENDED until further notice

Post by -Spike- » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:24 pm

:sad: TRAL's Volunteer Agreement with the Forest Service has expired, and there have been some issues in getting a new one in place. TRAL members are free to recreate in the Tonto on open public routes, but are not authorized to perform any route inspections, maintenance, repairs, cleanups, or other field work in the name of TRAL or the Forest Service until a new agreement is in place. All events or runs on the calendar will be postponed or cancelled if we still don't have an agreement in place as the dates approach.

Check back for updates.
-Ben

Contact Richard Lillard at adat@tralaz.org for information about TRAL's Adopt a Trail (ADAT) program.
Contact me via PM or tral.bene@gmail.com if you are interested in receiving training to inspect the trails in Tonto National Forest, offered through the ADAT program.

azrich
First Name: Rich Smith
Affiliation: TRAL

Re: ALL field work SUSPENDED until further notice

Post by azrich » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:36 pm

I met with the Tonto partnership coordinator and her boss today about our agreement. Our latest revision is acceptable to them. There is a little more work to be done tomorrow to finalize the packet that will be delivered to Forest Service Grants and Agreements. After that is submitted, they quote a 5 business day throughput time for final approval. If all goes well, we should be back up and running by early to mid next week.

The field trip on Saturday is postponed because of this and I'll post there as well.
There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. - Dave Barry

azrich

Post by azrich » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:23 pm

The new agreement has been submitted to Albuquerque Grants and Agreements for approval. Hopefully, we'll be back up and running next week.

azrich

Post by azrich » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:45 pm

Albuquerque is reviewing the agreement but we have now been notified that the Washington Office also needs to review all agreements. There has been no timeline given for that review.

I'll let you all know as soon as I hear.