ADAT Globe area Route Inspections, WED and THURS Dec 19th and 20th

Post up where you went, or read about what other folks did.
-Spike-
First Name: Ben E
Affiliation: Tonto Recreation Alliance

ADAT Globe area Route Inspections, WED and THURS Dec 19th and 20th

Post by -Spike- » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:09 pm

We plan to do some route inspections on Wednesday and Thursday Dec 19th and 20th. We will continue our push to complete inspections of the Globe area trails.

Any and all of the details are subject to change, please check back here for any updates.

We'll be out there for 2 days, but each day is a separate event on the TRAL Calendar, please sign up for one or both days. Due to the temperature and our inherent lack of fortitude, Richard and I will be staying in a cheap motel on Wednesday night in Globe. Meeting place and time is the same for both days.

Meeting time and place:
9:00 AM
Fry's Fuel Center
2115 US-60, Globe, AZ 85539

NOTE- We may only stop at the meeting place if there are people registered for the event. If not, we may head straight for the routes that need inspection in the area, so if you're coming with us, SIGN UP!

Lunch will be provided for those that register for these events by 9am on December 18 on the TRAL Calendar. If you plan to bring a guest who cannot sign up, please add a note to that effect when you register so we know how much food to bring! If you're not a TRAL member but wish to attend (and get lunch on TRAL), please respond to this thread or contact me or Richard, see my signature line below for details.

In addition to getting out and seeing the area, ADAT route inspection runs are a great opportunity to learn about route inspection. Anyone interested in becoming a Route Inspector or Crew Leader and assisting TRAL in doing the work that keeps our Tonto National Forest routes open to the public is urged to come along.
-Ben

Contact Richard Lillard at adat@tralaz.org for information about TRAL's Adopt a Trail (ADAT) program.
Contact me via PM or tral.bene@gmail.com if you are interested in receiving training to inspect the trails in Tonto National Forest, offered through the ADAT program.