6-27 thru 6-29-19 ADAT Young trip

Post up where you went, or read about what other folks did.
-Spike-
First Name: Ben E
Affiliation: Tonto Recreation Alliance

6-27 thru 6-29-19 ADAT Young trip

Post by -Spike- » Tue May 14, 2019 11:29 pm

We're going north! This will be one of our trips to Young for the summer season. We are not sure yet if we will have rooms in the Forest Service barracks or not, so camping is a possibility.

We're planning on running from Globe up FR203 and various other routes, doing route inspections along the way. We'll play the return trip by ear.

We'll be up there for 3 days, but folks are welcome to join us for any or all of those days. Note that each day is a separate event on the TRAL calendar, please sign up for each day that you plan to attend.

Meeting spots for the second or third day will be determined as the event approaches if necessary. If no one signs up to join us those days, there won't be a meeting place.

Also, as with any ADAT run, if no one is signed up 24 hours before the trip we may not go to the meeting spots, so make sure you sign up!

Meeting Time and Place:
6-27 9am at the Fry's Fuel Center- 2115 W Highway 60, #200, Miami, AZ 85539
6-28 TBD if necessary
6-29 Heads-up: due to running low on spare tires and an engine issue, we won't be in Young on 6-29.

Lunch will be provided for folks who let us know they're coming at least 24 hours before the FIRST DAY's event start time. Either register on the TRAL Event Calendar or reply to this thread (and let us know which day(s) you will attend). Please let us know if you plan on bringing guests. Look for the option to add a note if you register on the calendar.

Keep an eye on this thread for the latest updates.
-Ben

Contact Richard Lillard at adat@tralaz.org for information about TRAL's Adopt a Trail (ADAT) program.
Contact me via PM or tral.bene@gmail.com if you are interested in receiving training to inspect the trails in Tonto National Forest, offered through the ADAT program.

-Spike-

Re: UPCOMING! THURS-SAT 6-27 thru 6-29-19 ADAT Young trip

Post by -Spike- » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:14 am

As of 10am Wed 6-26-19, our route to Young from Globe via FR203 is still open, so no changes to the plan yet.
-Ben

Contact Richard Lillard at adat@tralaz.org for information about TRAL's Adopt a Trail (ADAT) program.
Contact me via PM or tral.bene@gmail.com if you are interested in receiving training to inspect the trails in Tonto National Forest, offered through the ADAT program.

-Spike-

Post by -Spike- » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:50 am

Heads-up: due to running low on spare tires and an engine issue, there's a chance we won't be in Young on 6-29. I'll try to post updates, cell service permitting.
-Ben

-Spike-

Post by -Spike- » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:13 pm

We blew 2 of our 3 spare tires and I had exhaust issues, so we decided to call it a trip early and came home on Friday.
-Ben