4 Peaks Cleanup, 11-7-2015

Post up where you went, or read about what other folks did.
Tools R Us
First Name: Kevin Patterson
Affiliation: TRAL

4 Peaks Cleanup, 11-7-2015

Post by Tools R Us » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:54 am

Great event, hopefully everyone possible will attend, more details to follow.

If we can get the stuff together, thinking one of the goals should be graffiti removal? There is a big rock that is covered, up near the top in 143 and IIRC some on the tank at Cottonwood Camp?
6-13-2015_10.jpg
6-13-2015_10.jpg (140.01 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
Kevin Patterson '96 LX450
"We have come to the conclusion that we can run our car over any road that a man can take a team of horses and a wagon, providing we can get traction." Dr. Horatio Nelson Jackson, 1903

Tools R Us

Re: 4 Peaks Cleanup, 11-7-2015

Post by Tools R Us » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:16 am

Hi TRAL volunteers,

Next Saturday, November 7th is the Four Peaks cleanup. We are encouraging as many TRAL volunteers to come out for the cleanup as possible.

We have a special work plan for TRAL volunteers who are interested. As many of you know, last spring we started working on removing graffiti from rocks in our OHV areas. There is some graffiti on the Four Peaks road up pretty high that we want to get removed during the cleanup. So...

TRAL volunteers who are showing up in the morning for the 8AM shift should meet at the TRAL trailer in the Four Peaks parking lot before 7:30AM. We'll attend the briefing and then head up the road to work on removing graffiti.

If you don't make it out first thing in the morning, we are planning on working on cleaning up the Cottonwood Camp area after graffiti removal. If you miss us first thing in the morning, just head out to Cottonwood Camp and we'll meet you there. To get to Cottonwood Camp, take the Four Peaks road until you get to the 401 road. Turn right on 401 and Cottonwood Camp is at the end of 401. You'll see the concrete water tank when you get there. If you get there before the graffiti crew, just go ahead and start cleaning up.

If we have a very large turnout of TRAL volunteers, we may split the group up right away in the morning. And if you are also a member of a club and your club is going to be working together in an area, you of course have that option as well.

Please sign up on the TRAL site if you are going to attend so we count your hours. See the Copper State site for details on the cleanup.

Thanks,
Rich
"We have come to the conclusion that we can run our car over any road that a man can take a team of horses and a wagon, providing we can get traction." Dr. Horatio Nelson Jackson, 1903

BrianR
First Name: Brian

Post by BrianR » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:59 pm

I'm signed up. What is the plan for the graffiti removal. We talked about the possibility of a water tank at Goldfield that I could put in my trailer? Are the pressure washers gas powered? I've got my big generator in for service, I hope to have it back by this weekend if we need it.
Brian,
90 4Runner

Tools R Us

Post by Tools R Us » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:06 pm

BrianR wrote:I'm signed up. What is the plan for the graffiti removal. We talked about the possibility of a water tank at Goldfield that I could put in my trailer? Are the pressure washers gas powered? I've got my big generator in for service, I hope to have it back by this weekend if we need it.
There are some water tanks at Goldfield that we can use. The pressure washer is gas powered and reportedly ready to go. We also have some cubitainers.

BrianR

Post by BrianR » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:29 pm

Ok, can someone meet me at Goldfield some evening this week to get a tank loaded up? That way I can have it lashed down well and filled by Sat morning.
Brian,
90 4Runner

blubear
First Name: Brad
Affiliation: TRAL OHVA

Post by blubear » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:52 pm

would you like me to bring my extra water bottles about 18 gals. :hhmm:
Last edited by blubear on Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
" Jeeping " The art of getting dirty and going broke while slowly heading nowhere and taking all day to do it. Unknow
Brad J.

Tools R Us

Post by Tools R Us » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Guna need a ladder or two and some scrub brushes.

azrich
First Name: Rich Smith

Post by azrich » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:06 pm

I'll bring some brushes of various types and a ladder. I'm also picking up another brand of graffiti remover spray today that we can try out.
There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. - Dave Barry

Tools R Us

Post by Tools R Us » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:15 pm

BrianR wrote:Ok, can someone meet me at Goldfield some evening this week to get a tank loaded up? That way I can have it lashed down well and filled by Sat morning.
I don't know where/what is available? Maybe contact Allen, and see what he has for us?

BrianR

Post by BrianR » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:50 pm

I meeting Allen at Goldfield tomorrow to get the tanks and pressure washer. Also bringing a large angle grinder outfitted with a wire wheel.

Bring extra water jugs! Can't have too much water, especially if we are going to tackle graffiti down at Cottonwood Camp as well.
Brian,
90 4Runner