ADAT Signing Run, Young (via Globe) 6-8-18 through 6-10-18

Post up where you went, or read about what other folks did.
-Spike-
First Name: Ben E
Affiliation: Tonto Recreation Alliance

Re: ADAT Signing Run, Young (via Globe) 6-8-18 through 6-10-18

Post by -Spike- » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:58 pm

We were able to get all the way through Cherry Creek Road with no problems. This road is slated to be closed when Travel Management is completed, as much of it has been deemed to be in the Sierra Ancha Wilderness area, and unfortunately it will take a literal act of the U.S. Congress to fix that mistake. TRAL is actively working towards that end, but it's an uphill battle that may take years so if you like what you see, check it out while you can.

On our return trip I didn't take many pics, but we did find a cool old mine site off of FR54, also on Cherry Creek.
FR54 Mine remnants.jpg
FR54 Mine remnants.jpg (227.98 KiB) Viewed 702 times
Cherry Creek.jpg
Cherry Creek.jpg (2.03 MiB) Viewed 702 times
We had a great time this weekend, and are planning another Young weekend in July, so stay tuned!
-Ben

Contact Richard Lillard at adat@tralaz.org for information about TRAL's Adopt a Trail (ADAT) program.
Contact me via PM or tral.bene@gmail.com if you are interested in receiving training to inspect the trails in Tonto National Forest, offered through the ADAT program.

azrich
First Name: Rich Smith
Affiliation: TRAL

Post by azrich » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:31 am

Nice trip report. Seems like a successful trip. I should be good to attend the July one!
There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. - Dave Barry

Owenb_
First Name: Owen
Affiliation: The Phoenix East Valley 4x4 Meetup Group

Post by Owenb_ » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:49 pm

Looks like a great time. I definitely need to run the entirety of Cherry Creek Road before it is closed.