ADAT Route Inspections, Globe area FRIDAY and SATURDAY 11-30 and 12-1, 2018

Post up where you went, or read about what other folks did.
-Spike-
First Name: Ben E
Affiliation: Tonto Recreation Alliance

ADAT Route Inspections, Globe area FRIDAY and SATURDAY 11-30 and 12-1, 2018

Post by -Spike- » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:20 pm

UPDATE! Since no one has signed up for both days, we will NOT be camping Friday night. We do have people signed up for each day, so we'll still be out both days. If you're interested in joining us PLEASE SIGN UP so we know how much lunch to bring for each day!

In an effort to complete the remaining route inspections south of Globe we are planning to spend 2 days in the area, Friday November 30th and Saturday December 1st, 2018. Folks are welcome to come for either or both days. ALL DETAILS, INCLUDING DATES, ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR CANCELLATION! Keep an eye on this thread for the latest updates!

Meeting time and place:
9:00 AM (Both days)
Fry's Fuel Center
2115 US-60 #200, Globe, AZ 85539

NOTE- We will be at the meeting spot both mornings, as there are people signed up for both days.

Lunch(es) will be provided for those that register for this event at least 24 hours before the event start time on the TRAL Calendar. If you plan to bring a guest who cannot sign up, please add a note to that effect when you register so we know how much food to bring! Please note that there are 2 events on the TRAL Calendar, sign up for one or both. If you're not a TRAL member but wish to attend (and get lunch on TRAL), please respond to this thread or contact me or Richard, see my signature line below for details.

In addition to getting out and seeing the area, ADAT route inspection runs are a great opportunity to learn about route inspection. Anyone interested in becoming a Crew Leader and assisting TRAL in doing the work that keeps our Tonto National Forest routes open to the public is urged to come along.
-Ben

Contact Richard Lillard at adat@tralaz.org for information about TRAL's Adopt a Trail (ADAT) program.
Contact me via PM or tral.bene@gmail.com if you are interested in receiving training to inspect the trails in Tonto National Forest, offered through the ADAT program.

axel road
First Name: Christine
Affiliation: AZ Krawlers & TRAL

Re: NEXT EVENT! ADAT Route Inspections, Globe area FRIDAY and SATURDAY 11-30 and 12-1, 2018

Post by axel road » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi Ben. I'm sure I signed us up for Saturday, December 1st inspection. We are not able to camp on Friday so we'll meet you at Fry's gas station in Globe on Saturday morning. :bounce: :bounce2:
Crusin' and playin' the radio, With no particular place to go - Chuck Berry

-Spike-

Re: UPDATE! ADAT Route Inspections, Globe area FRIDAY and SATURDAY 11-30 and 12-1, 2018

Post by -Spike- » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:17 pm

Please see first post for update- we're not planning on camping Friday night but will still be out both days.
-Ben

Contact Richard Lillard at adat@tralaz.org for information about TRAL's Adopt a Trail (ADAT) program.
Contact me via PM or tral.bene@gmail.com if you are interested in receiving training to inspect the trails in Tonto National Forest, offered through the ADAT program.

-Spike-

Re: UPDATE! ADAT Route Inspections, Globe area FRIDAY and SATURDAY 11-30 and 12-1, 2018

Post by -Spike- » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:00 am

Fair warning- there is rain forecast for Globe on both Friday and Saturday. At this time, we are going ahead with the runs. Bring your rain gear!

If we do cancel either day, you'll see it here first.
-Ben

axel road
First Name: Christine
Affiliation: AZ Krawlers & TRAL

Re: ADAT Route Inspections, Globe area FRIDAY and SATURDAY 11-30 and 12-1, 2018

Post by axel road » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:01 pm

Not many pictures from this run but we did cover lots of ground and installed new markers. Pics are fall colors, cows and mines, oh my! And pics from the OHV Expo. Enjoy!

https://kermittj.shutterfly.com/pictures/17351#17351
Crusin' and playin' the radio, With no particular place to go - Chuck Berry